ADSM-L

Object option

2004-04-26 00:32:36
Subject: Object option
From: Magalie Siaud <magalie.siaud AT GOUV DOT NC>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:31:11 +1100
Hi,
I wish to include only specific directories in my backups. Unfortunately,
the DOMAIN option do not allow paths, only filesystems...
So, I used the Object line in the schedule.
I tried:
F:\lotus                => result nothing backuped under lotus!

F:\Lotus\...\*  => result path not found: nothing backuped.

I tried precising subdir = yes (even if I backup W2K boxes and subdir is
Unix specific) in both cases.

Eventually, I used DOMAIN=F, include.dir F:\Lotus, exclude F:\...\*
But this backups all my directories under F:\, which is not very suitable.

I'm using 5.223 under RH3, and w2k 5.16 and 5.22 clients.

Magalie.