ADSM-L

Seeking experiences with BIG Diskpool on SATA to replace tapes

2004-04-22 10:36:35
Subject: Seeking experiences with BIG Diskpool on SATA to replace tapes
From: "Anthonijsz, Marcel M SITI-ITDGL" <Marcel.Anthonijsz AT SHELL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:35:52 +0200
Hi,

We are currently investigating the use of BIG Diskpools (on Serial ATA) as a
replacement for some of our tape pools (i.e. Oracle Archivelogs). We are
talking about a diskpool of about 40 TB here.
This brings fast restore capabilities and less tape (drives and media).

Did anybody already implement this with TSM?

All your experiences are appreciated!

Marcel Anthonijsz
Shell Information Technology International B.V.
PO Box 1027, 2260 BA  Leidschendam, The Netherlands

E: Marcel.Anthonijsz@at AT nospam.shell DOT com

Internet: http://www.shell.com
"He who laughs last probably made a backup."