ADSM-L

Re: Query for finding backups in a specific copy pool

2004-04-21 20:06:57
Subject: Re: Query for finding backups in a specific copy pool
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:06:29 -0400
>I moved a node from 1 mgmt class to another.  The new mgmt class goes to a
>different disk pool & offsite copy pool.  I did this about a year ago but
>when I do a q occ I still see backups in the old offsite pool.
>I did a move nodedata to move the onsite backups then a backup stg pool to
>move the backups to the new offsite stgpool.
>One I would like to find out what is hanging around in the olld stgpool.
>Also any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

The offsite pool would be a Copy Storage Pool, whose role is to maintain a
copy of the files in the Primary Storage Pool for as long as they exist.
The residual stuff in the retired offsite pool would reflect your elder
files - probably mostly Active files, as they stay "forever".  You can
verify what's there with the Query CONtent command on the copy storage pool
volumes, and that command with the COPied parameter on the parent primary
pool.  If the old stgpool represents data that is safetied in its new pool,
you can delete the volumes comprising it and then the stgpool.  If the
stgpool has other filespaces/nodes intermingled with it, you could change
the collocation value to suit, do Move Data to segregate, and then delete
volumes.

  Richard Sims