ADSM-L

Re: Web client on Netware ANS2613

2004-04-21 15:22:22
Subject: Re: Web client on Netware ANS2613
From: Joe Crnjanski <JCrnjanski AT INFINITYNETWORK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:21:12 -0400
Hi Hougaard Flemming,

I checked on TSM server and there is a admin id created for that problematic
user.
If I do: "q admin <xxxxxx> f=d" result is:

 Administrator Name: XXXXXXXX
     Last Access Date/Time: 04/19/2004 11:03:40
    Days Since Last Access: 2
    Password Set Date/Time: 02/20/2004 10:43:05
   Days Since Password Set: 61
     Invalid Sign-on Count: 10
                   Locked?: Yes
                   Contact: XXXX AT infinitynetwork DOT com
          System Privilege:
          Policy Privilege:
         Storage Privilege:
         Analyst Privilege:
        Operator Privilege:
   Client Access Privilege:
    Client Owner Privilege: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Registration Date/Time: 02/20/2004 10:43:05
 Registering Administrator: ADMIN
          Managing profile:
Password Expiration Period:

As you can see Account is locked. I noticed invalid sign-on counter in server
activity log went to 10 for that nodename (limit is 8); and I asked customer
why is that and she said: 'I was putting wrong password'. I queried node-name
but Invalid sign-on counter was 0 and node was not locked. That was little bit
strange for me, but I didn't know what to do. I didn't even think that I should
check admin id.

So, that is how invalid sign-on counter works, it increases counter for Admin
id but not for Nodename. I would NEVER guessed something like this; LIVE AND
LEARN.

If you are saying that Admin id is necessary for web client to work that could
be possible solution for my problem. I will let you know.

Joe Crnjanski
Infinity Network Solutions Inc.
Phone: 416-235-0931 x26
Fax:     416-235-0265