ADSM-L

Re: checkout DB2 backup [Virus checked]

2004-04-20 15:03:48
Subject: Re: checkout DB2 backup [Virus checked]
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:03:25 -0400
Well, if you problem is just getting them out of the 3484, all you have to
do is mark them as OFFSITE and run the CHECKOUT command.

Keeping track of them is another matter entirely.

If this is something you plan to do regularly, look at a product called
Autovault at www.coderelief.com.
We use it here for vaulting with TSM.
You would put your future DB2 backups into a DIFFERENT tape storage pool,
and tell Autovault to manage the vaulting of that storage pool.

DRM will do similar for copy pools, but not primary pools.