ADSM-L

Re: AW: Upgrade Library 3494

2004-04-15 13:17:07
Subject: Re: AW: Upgrade Library 3494
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:16:29 -0400
Up to you:

When you do audit library, it defaults to loading each tape to verify the
internal label.

If you don't want that (And I have never had a case where I thought it was
needed), you specify
AUDIT LIBRARY blah CHECKLABEL=BARCODE

On the 3494, that causes it to just exchange information with the Library
Manager data base about what is in there.  No rescanning is done.

For some other libraries (the 3583, for example) it actually causes a rescan
of the barcodes; depends on the library.

On the 3494, if you want the barcodes rescanned, you use the 3494's
INVENTORY function from the library manager console.
If you do a PARTIAL, you can do it while the 3494 is still online and
operating.  Then do the TSM AUDIT LIBRARY checklabel=barcode to cause the
info to be uploaded to TSM.

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)