ADSM-L

Re: Third stgpool question

2004-04-15 10:26:54
Subject: Re: Third stgpool question
From: Tom Kauffman <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:23:31 -0500
Mark --

The way I would do this is to set up a new management class for the
databases, pointing to a different storage pool. Once the data is segregated
into its new pool you can back it up to as many copy pols as you wish.

The down side is the requirement for another disk storage pool if the files
are being washed through disk on the way to tape.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc