ADSM-L

Re: COPY_POOL REORG

2004-04-15 09:02:05
Subject: Re: COPY_POOL REORG
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:01:14 +0200
No mr Stapleton... I did not say that.. I said move to a new volume in the
original copypool, not to the new copypool.

I said if  you read more carefully. If he wants to get rid of his third
copy he can do what i wrote before.
Do a move nodedata from=orginal_copypool on thoose clients (he whish to
move to a new copypool ) to 'new' original_copypool VOLUMES and then delete
the new volumes.

He has already backuped his primary storage to his new copypool. A move
between copypools is therefore unnecessary and as you pointed out
un-doable.

Thank you for clearing that last part out.

//Henrik

                    "Stapleton, Mark"
                    <mark.stapleton@B        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    ERBEE.COM>               cc:     (bcc: Henrik Wahlstedt)
                    Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:     Re: COPY_POOL REORG
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    .EDU>

                    2004-04-15 14:36
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Henrik Wahlstedt
>Do a move nodedata from=orginal_copypool on thoose clients to 'new'
>original_copypool volumes and then delete the new volumes..

This is incorrect. You cannot use move nodedata from one copy pool to a
different copy pool.

--
Mark Stapleton

this message.