ADSM-L

[Fwd: v5.2.2.4 patch on Solaris]

2004-04-14 13:31:09
Subject: [Fwd: v5.2.2.4 patch on Solaris]
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <gretchen AT PRINCETON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:30:37 -0400
To shed more light on this situation, it looks like it depends on
whether or not you do a pkgadd with the '-R' option (which we do).
The license check is only looking for the license file (status.dat)
in the BASEDIR (default is /opt) directory. Can't change either
the checkinstall file or the pkginfo file because the file sizes
and file checksums are checked as well. Changing the installation
from /var/local/opt to /opt isn't an option.

I would then expect this patch to install successfully for
default installation paths (/opt) and fail for anything else.
So my question has changed somewhat, has anyone been able to
install the Solaris v5.2.2.4 server patch in a directory other
than the default?