ADSM-L

DST on OS/390 Server

2004-04-07 12:23:34
Subject: DST on OS/390 Server
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:07:07 PDT
Once again, after the semi-annual time change, all of my schedules are
running an hour off.  We are running TSM 5.1.8 server on OS/390 2.10.

After the same problem last October, I talked to support and the answer
was to set the _TZ environment variable in USS, which I did. Apparently,
this had no effect. I still see the time stamps in the log correctly
gain an hour, but all schedules are running as if still on standard time.

Stopping and starting the server takes care of the problem.  Has anyone
experienced this and, if so, have you gotten around it?

Thanks
Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.
(858)-581-9668