ADSM-L

Re: Moving Nodes between servers

2004-04-07 11:03:49
Subject: Re: Moving Nodes between servers
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 08:03:03 -0700
As helpful as Mark's wonderfully detailed e-mail might I add the following.

For a while now you have been able to issue the export node with options that
let you export and import all in one step provided you have a server.

The help text may have these same details but I really like the way it is layed
out in the TSM admin reference (not Admin guide) found at
(http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/tividd/td/IBMTivoliStorageManagerforWindows5.2.2.html).
  Search for export and find the section labeled "Export Node - Directly to
another server".  The key is to use the "ToServer" option.  Here is a copy from
the manual about that option:

TOServer
   Specifies the name of a server to which the export data will be sent
directly over the network for immediate import. Note:
The target server must be defined on the originating server with the DEFINE
SERVER command. The administrator that issues the export command must be
defined with the same administrator name and password and have system authority
on the target server.

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Moses Show
> I have been asked to move a client node and its data from one
TSM
>server to another TSM server. What is the best method for me to
usewhich
>would minimize any potential data loss and provide a smooth migration.
Any
>pointers please would be gratefully received.

Run

help export node

--
Mark Stapleton