ADSM-L

Need to optimize LARGE Oracle DB backup

2004-04-06 13:29:01
Subject: Need to optimize LARGE Oracle DB backup
From: David Nicholson <David_R_Nicholson AT WHIRLPOOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:27:21 -0400
Hi List,

        I have a 700GB Oracle DB to backup every day. It's a 4.3 AIX
box...soooo LAN Free not an option for my TSM 5.2.2 server. I have
dedicated GB nic's on both the TSM client and TSM server. The network
between them is not over utilized. I am backing up directly to FC LTO II
drives.  Can anyone give me some strategy suggestions on how to get this
backed up as quickly as possible.  Suggestions for performing multiple
thread backups or maybe some TCPIP client options that can be tuned or
anything else you could suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Dave Nicholson
Whirlpool Corporation