ADSM-L

Re: Restoring data after deleting a volume

2004-04-05 11:13:34
Subject: Re: Restoring data after deleting a volume
From: Ted Byrne <ted.byrne AT ADELPHIA DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:11:38 -0500
Since I should have a copy of this in the copy pool, I
should be all set. So I'm going to delete the volume with discarddata=yes

STOP!

This will delete all references to the data (in the copy stgpool as well as
the primary stgpool volume).  You will not be able to recover the data
without restoring the TSM database to before the volume deletion...

Use the restore volume command _first_.  For primary stgpool volumes, use
"delete volume xxxyyy discarddata=y" only as a last resort, after you've
exhausted all other options.

Ted