ADSM-L

Re: 3494 library with unusable accessor

2004-04-05 09:46:05
Subject: Re: 3494 library with unusable accessor
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 07:53:07 -0500

just go to the console and on the far left pull down select "manual mode"
once in manual mode, the drives should indicate what tape to mount and
where it currently resides
there is also a mount screen that goes up on the console but I generally
ignore it and go off the drives

Dwight E. Cook
Systems Management Integration Professional, Advanced
Integrated Storage Management
TSM Administration
(918) 925-8045

                      "Tyree, David"
                      <david.tyree@SGMC        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      .ORG>                    cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  3494 library with
unusable accessor
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      04/05/2004 07:40
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

            I came in this morning and found that the accessor in the
library was down. I have a call in for service so at least it will be
worked
on shortly. In the mean time, I can't remember for the life of me how to
run
the system by hand.

            I'm running TSM 5.1.6 on win2k. The library has a pair of 3590
drives that are just fine if I can just feed them the tapes that the system
needs. I know the tapes that TSM is looking for but I don't remember how to
run the system in some kind of a manual mode.

            I'm sure it can be done....

            Thanks

David Tyree
Enterprise Backup Administrator
South Georgia Medical Center
229.333.1155

Confidential Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
for
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,  disclosure or
message.

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image