ADSM-L

Re: ANE4987E during backup

2004-04-04 14:48:37
Subject: Re: ANE4987E during backup
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 11:48:29 -0700
You don't want to exclude the registry. That won't fix this issue.  I am just
curiouse if you stopped and started the scheduler service after you add the
exclude?  If you did then a copy of your entire include/exclude list would
help.  You might have an include below your exclude that is catching NTUser.Dat.

Kevin Godfrey <kevingodfrey AT CATHS.CO DOT UK> wrote:I am receiving error
ANE4987E during client backup. If I look in the activity log on the server I
see:

ANE4987E (Session: 2155, Node: STORSERV) Error processing
'\\storserv\c$\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT': the object is
in use by another process

I tried doing EXCLUDE "C:\...\NTUSER.DAT" on the client but it didn't help. I
thought I might try EXCLUDE.SYSTEMOBJECT "REGISTRY" but I'm not really much of
a Windows admin so I don't know if this would help me to get rid of these
messages.

I know that I don't have to worry too much as I know that the rest of the
system got backed up just fine but I would like to get rid of these messages.
Does anyone know how? Thanks

Kevin