ADSM-L

SAPR3 anomalies with occupancy

2004-03-31 17:55:51
Subject: SAPR3 anomalies with occupancy
From: James Holdren <jholdren AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 17:49:21 -0500
Folks I need some help understanding this...

I have a 4.2.3 TSM server running on AIX 4.3.3 with a 5.1.6 TSM client
running on AIX 5.1

The DB shows there are 878 archive files from the following select
statement but when I look at the occupancy it only shows a total of 372
files.  And I don't even think the Archive table keeps track of the files
in the Copypool.  Could someone please try to explain the discrepancy?

And more troubling than that, and purhaps a reason for the discrepancy, is
that when I look at each archived file ( select * from archives ...) from
this node I see more than half of them are in the /tdp filespace of which
'q occ' shows no occupancy at all l!

tsm: ADSM>select count(*) from archives where node_name='DEVEL_DB'
ANR2963W This SQL query may produce a very large result table, or may
require a significant amount of time to compute.

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y

 Unnamed[1]
-----------
        878

tsm: ADSM>q fi devel_db

Node Name    Filespace    FSID   Platform  Filespace   Is Files-  Capacity
Pct
             Name                          Type          pace         (MB)
Util
                                                        Unicode?
-----------  -----------  ----   --------  ----------  ---------  --------
-----
DEVEL_DB     /tdp            1   TDPR3AIX  API:XINTV3     No           0.0
0.0
DEVEL_DB     /tdpmux         2   TDPR3AIX  API:XINTV3     No           0.0
0.0

tsm: ADSM>q occ devel_db

Physical     Logical

Space       Space
Node Name   Type  Filespace   FSID     Storage         Number of
Occupied    Occupied
                  Name                 Pool Name           Files
(MB)        (MB)
----------  ----  ----------  ----     --------------  ---------
DEVEL_DB    Arch  /tdpmux        2     SAP_PROD_CPOOL        186
963,156.55  963,156.55
DEVEL_DB    Arch  /tdpmux        2     SAP_PROD_TPOOL        186
963,156.55  963,156.55

James (J) Holdren
E-Business Storage Management  -  Enterprise Storage Services  -  Service
Delivery Center / South  -  IBM Global Services
Pager:  800-759-8888  pin 1061062     Office:  919-543-2213  t/l 441-2213
Fax:  919-543-9196