ADSM-L

Re: Gen1 to Gen2 Upgrade/coexist

2004-03-31 08:56:15
Subject: Re: Gen1 to Gen2 Upgrade/coexist
From: Amos Hagay <amos AT CCC.CO DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:51:30 +0200
Hi.

1.    Gen 2 will be able to write on the Gen1 Cartridges (I done it with
LTO 3582 )

2.    according to IBM spec sheets Gen1 is 15-30 MB/s, but with LTO2
Drives its 20-40 MB/s writing on LTO2 cartridges.

3.    I not sure if LTO1 drive can write on LTO2 cartridge, but if it
can, u can change the format to drive instead of LTO in the Device
Class.

I hope it answer your questions.