ADSM-L

Re: TSM linux client in the DMZ

2004-03-30 08:56:06
Subject: Re: TSM linux client in the DMZ
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:55:41 -0500
>>It's working now. But why dsmc and not dsmcad?

>Tcpclientport only changes the port for the scheduler.
>
>Use 'httpport' for changing the cad's port, although I am not sure
>if the cad is relaying the connection to the scheduler internally or
>if it just points out the schedulers port.

Thanks to David for clarifying that.

IBM:  There is nothing in the B/A Client manuals documenting that the HTTPport
      option controls the Client Acceptor port number...  The HTTPport doc
      says only that it is for the Web Client, and that alone.  One should not
      have to search out secluded info
      (www.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg21079454)
      to find that HTTPport also affects the Client Acceptor!
      That is totally unobvious - and warrants architectural review.

 Richard Sims    http://people.bu.edu/rbs