ADSM-L

TSM remote console behavior

2004-03-29 11:10:22
Subject: TSM remote console behavior
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:09:52 -0500
We are current running a TSM server under OS/390, with most of the management
and monitoring functions performed by NetView and batch jobs. We expect to
move the server to AIX or mainframe Linux by the end of the year. We are
leaning toward managing the new server with a Perl script that reads output
piped from a dsmadmc command with the -consolemode option. When we test this
with an HP-UX administrative client and the current server, we find that
dsmadmc does not split messages into multiple lines when its standard
output is a pipe. Can we count on the same being true with the TSM server
and the administrative client both running under AIX or both running under
mainframe Linux?