ADSM-L

TSM linux client in the DMZ

2004-03-29 08:33:27
Subject: TSM linux client in the DMZ
From: Dan Sveen Olsen <dan.olsen AT NO.THALESGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:17:30 +0200
Hello list,

I have a problem with a linux server in our DMZ. The backup server must
communicate with the client through a firewall and I have opened up port 1501
to the client. However, the server is unable to backup the client because the
client ain't listening on port 1501, even though it is configured to do so. I
use the following settings:

dsm.sys:
servername backup
        nodename                ftp
        passwordaccess          generate
        tcpserveraddress        10.1.0.6
        schedmode               prompted
        tcpclientport           1501
        sessioninitiation       serveronly
        exclude                 '/.../core'
        exclude                 '/.../cache/.../*'
        exclude.dir             '/tmp'
        exclude.dir             '/var/cache'

dsm.opt:
servername backup

An equivalent server running Windows 2000 works like a charm.

It seems like the client ignores the tcpclientport setting and just bind to a
random port.

Any ideas? Is something missing?

---
Dan Sveen Olsen <dan.olsen AT no.thalesgroup DOT com>