ADSM-L

TSM, Solaris and Fibre connected drives ?

2004-03-29 02:54:23
Subject: TSM, Solaris and Fibre connected drives ?
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:51:50 +0100
Hi TSMers

Running TSM 5.1.6.2 on a Sun E250 presently connected to 3494 lib with 2
SCSI 3590 drives (H1A).

I have a question for you.

We will soon be changing the SCSI attached drives for fibre attached models
(still going to be 3590 H1A in the 3494 lib) which will be connected to a
Brocade switch. Now, I have very little experience with fibre drives and
was wondering what the steps were both with Solaris (if anybody can help)
and TSM. I am used to adding SCSI devices to Solaris and then using the
/dev/rmt/??? format to define the drives to TSM, but I'm assuming this is
total different with fibre drives. I am assuming that the World Wide Name
convention will be used somewhere.

Can anyone give me any advice or good documentation pointers etc.

Many thanks in advance

Farren Minns - John Wiley & Sons Ltd