ADSM-L

Re: DB2 and TSM

2004-03-26 12:17:28
Subject: Re: DB2 and TSM
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:16:44 -0700
Geoff,

Try checking the IBM web site at http://www.ibm.com. In the search box at
the top of the page even simple criteria like

   +tsm +db2

will yield fruitful results. (There a lot of hits, but you should find
something pertinent in the top 2 hits!)

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
03/26/2004 10:08
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
DB2 and TSM

Please forgive my ignorance on this but someone is looking to add a server
to TSM for backups and wants to know if TSM has an agent for DB2. From
what
I can tell there is no agent out there on the FTP site. I'm wondering if
IBM
has functionality built in to the product to back up the DB direct to TSM
without shutting it down or if there is some other way to back up this DB.

Thanks for the help.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer