ADSM-L

Expiration after TSM upgrade from 5.1.6.4 to 5.2.2.1

2004-03-25 14:58:12
Subject: Expiration after TSM upgrade from 5.1.6.4 to 5.2.2.1
From: Luke Dahl <ldahl AT JPL.NASA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:57:33 -0800
Hi All,
    We upgraded our TSM Server (Solaris 9) from 5.1.6.4 to 5.2.2.1 last
week.  Prior to the upgrade our expiration usually lasted about 24 hours
(53Gb database).  It would generally post results like this:  examined
16446439 objects, deleting 59582 backup objects
Our 3494 library showed est. capacity of 60Tb and approximately 88 pct.
util.

After the upgrade expiration has been running for nearly three days, is
still running, and output from q pro:
Examined 22715496 objects, deleting 20413162 bacckup objects

Our library now shows:
Storage Po    Device Cl        Estimated      Pct     Pct
ool Name      lass Name        Capacity      Util     Mig
TAPEPOOL      3590         60,367,551    22.2    93.5

Any idea why expiration wasn't running properly prior to the upgrade?
Data integrity looks good but we've just cleared out loads of space.  I
don't recall a known bug in expiration processing in 5.1.6.4 but may
have missed something.  Thanks for your thoughts and input.

Luke Dahl
NASA - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
818-354-7117