ADSM-L

SQL Query Challenge

2004-03-18 15:38:44
Subject: SQL Query Challenge
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:41:26 -0600
Ok, this is really something I don't quite know how to do.

My boss wants a report daily that has the name of nodes that failed on their
last backup attempt, and and the last time they has a successful completion
(or when the first started failing).

And, for those that failed last in their previous backup attempt, but were
successful on the latest backup, when did they first fail (in a row) and
when were they successful finally.

Of course I want to automate it so I don't want to pass any parameters and I
will be running it as a saved query (administrative script) from the command
line, so I can pipe the output to a mail client.

What I have is what failed during the last night, but this is beyond my SQL
basis.