ADSM-L

Re: TSM, 3494, manual mode...?.

2004-03-18 15:04:56
Subject: Re: TSM, 3494, manual mode...?.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:04:27 -0500
>At first, we just switched the library into MANUAL mode, opened the doors,
>and we 2-legged robots have been responding to the mounts on the library
>manager console.
>
>Then a drive also died.  ...

Hmmm... If the drive is in the same frame as the Library Manager, the
power supply in that frame may be unreliable: there is one power supply in
a frame which feeds everything in the frame.  In any case, I would unload
and turn off the drives in LM frame, as a defective power supply may have
caused the robot actuator to fail, and could damage the frame drives as well,
or at least cause abnormal operation.  Just a precaution.

   Richard Sims