ADSM-L

Re: Querying only errors?

2004-03-17 12:58:03
Subject: Re: Querying only errors?
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:57:14 -0500
We (Servergraph) have a completely different trick:
we filter out the NORMAL messages, and display everything ELSE as a possible
error (and we boil them down so the volume is not overwhelming).

This is a lot smarter (IMHO), because, for example, when a TSM admin
fat-fingers a command, THAT gets an ANRxxxE message - an "error" - but it's
NOT really an error that matters.

OTOH, when a tape drive dies, THAT's and ANRxxxxW message - "just" a
warning, but most of us would prefer to treat it as an error.

So you might try developing something like that.

Mr. Lindsay Morris
Lead Architect
www.servergraph.com
512-482-6138 ext 105