ADSM-L

Re: DB2 backup

2004-03-15 15:33:33
Subject: Re: DB2 backup
From: "Levinson, Donald A." <dlevinso AT ACSALASKA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:33:14 -0900
One of the problems I have run into is the settings in the database
itself
 TSM management class                    (TSM_MGMTCLASS) = DB2
 TSM node name                            (TSM_NODENAME) =
 TSM owner                                   (TSM_OWNER) =
 TSM password                             (TSM_PASSWORD) =

if you are not using a setting make sure it is set to NULL rather than
"".

I also find that I must use dsmapipw to get the DB2 API client
synchronized with the password initially or after a server based
password change no matter whether the password is set to generate or
not.