ADSM-L

Re: veritas backup exec client and TSM server

2004-03-15 11:52:45
Subject: Re: veritas backup exec client and TSM server
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:52:27 -0600
The ability to perform a mailbox backup or restore using backup exec has
been around since version 7.0 or earlier, that is at least 5 years. It can
will increase the amount of data to be backed up by 5X or more. May work
fine with smaller mail servers but is not feasible in a large environment.
Our test IS was 10 GB and mailbox level backups were near 65 gb. Our IS
total now is in excess of 400 GB.

There are ways to accomplish this with TSM but it will significantly
increase the size of your backups.