ADSM-L

Re: Can't restore files in Client

2004-03-12 18:34:15
Subject: Re: Can't restore files in Client
From: Alexei Kojenov <kojenova AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:33:44 -0800
The message you are getting means that the node STOOGE is not registered
on the server. Are you sure you are connecting to the right server? You
can run dsmadmc (administrative client) and do 'query node' command to see
which nodes are registered.

Alexei Kojenov
TSM Client Development
(408) 256-7009
kojenova AT us.ibm DOT com

"Taha, Hana" <Hana.Taha AT PARKERDRILLING DOT COM>
03/12/2004 02:43 PM
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Can't restore files in Client

Hello All,

I am trying to restore some files on my test server with tapes that I had
on
my production server. I recently changed my dsm.sys file to make my test
server a TSM server and not a client. Now I am getting this error message.
Can anyone please tell me how I can get around this?

Servername         localSrv
COMMM              TCP
TCPPort            1500
TCPServeraddress   192.7.2.154
INCLExcl           /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/inexclude.opt
SCHEDMODE          PROMPTED
TCPW               64
TXNB               25600
TCPB               32
PASSWORDACCESS     GENERATE
SCHEDLOGName       /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmsched.log
SCHEDLOGRET        7
ERRORLOGRET        7
NODENAME           stooge

tsm> restore /purchasing/* -sub=yes
Node Name: STOOGE
ANS1353E Session rejected: Unknown or incorrect ID entered

Restore function invoked.

ANS1353E Session rejected: Unknown or incorrect ID entered

Thanks -
Hana Taha
Systems Analyst III
Parker Drilling Information Technology