ADSM-L

Re: update all copy groups

2004-03-12 09:27:09
Subject: Re: update all copy groups
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:26:36 -0700
You need to update each copy group one at a time. You can not use SQL to
modify the TSM server database.

One method that might facilitate this for you is to use the SELECT
statement to build the UPDATE COPYGROUP statements for you:

   dsmadmc -id=storman -pa=xxxxx -dataonly=yes  -commadelimited
      "select 'UPD CO ' || domain_name, set_name, class_name || ' SER=ST'
      from bu_copygroups
      where set_name='STANDARD'" > admin.mac

Edit the resulting admin.mac file and change the commas to blank spaces.
Then execute the macro like this:

   dsmadmc -id=storman -pa=xxxxx macro admin.mac

Then you will need to activate your policy set.

The above SELECT statement is just an example; you will need to modify it
to suit your own environment. Note that if you have very short domain,
policy set, and management class names, then using -commadelimited may not
be necessary. I included it to avoid output where the names are wrapped to
multiple columns. Another alternative is to use the "AS" keyword to create
new column names with longer widths:

   dsmadmc -id=storman -pa=xxxxx -dataonly=yes
      "select 'UPD CO ' || domain_name as \"DOMAIN                 \",
              set_name as \"POLICYSET                    \",
              class_name || ' SER=ST' as \"MGMTCLASS          \"
      from bu_copygroups
      where not set_name='ACTIVE'" > admin.mac

Notice (a) the blank spaces in the "AS" column names to force a longer
column width, and (b) the backslashes in front of the double quotation
marks that are embedded in the double quotes that surround the entire
SELECT statement. This variant does not require you to edit out commas in
the macro file.

This was done from a Windows OS command prompt.

Others may have other variations that work.

Have fun!

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Magalie Siaud <magalie.siaud AT GOUV DOT NC>
03/11/2004 19:36
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
update all copy groups

Hi,

I wish to update all my copy groups by setting serialization=static.
UPD CO * * * SER=ST doesn't work.

could I use a update BU_copygrousp set serialization='STATIC' kind of
statement?

Magalie.