ADSM-L

Retiring LTO tapes

2004-03-11 07:00:30
Subject: Retiring LTO tapes
From: Stephen Comiskey <stephen.comiskey AT NOTES.ROYALSUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:59:32 +0000
Hi,

I've a simple question for the group, we are using a mixture of IBM and
FujiFilm LTO1 tapes in a IBM3584 library.  Does anyone have a policy (or
your thoughts) on retiring tapes, i.e. after X number of read/writes or X
years service?

Looking forward to your responses

regards
Stephen Comiskey
Dublin, Ireland

Notice of Confidentiality

This transmission contains information that may be confidential and that may
also be privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient of the message (or
authorised to receive it for the intended recipient) you may not copy, forward,
or otherwise use it, or disclose it or its contents to anyone else. If you have
received this transmission in error please notify us immediately and delete it
from your system.

Email: internet.mail AT wgo.royalsun DOT com