ADSM-L

Re: Another question on Move nodedata

2004-03-11 06:47:57
Subject: Re: Another question on Move nodedata
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:47:24 +0100
One very common question about move nodedata....

Your CopypoolA data will expire as data in PoolB expires. You have two
copies of your data, CopypoolA and B.

Some weeks ago I posted a note about how you can get rid of you copy in
Copypool A, search the archives. (As mentioned, it assumes that you are
allowed to retrive your offsite tapes..)

//Henrik

                    "Redell, Greg
                    S."                  To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <greg.redell@        cc:     (bcc: Henrik Wahlstedt)
                    GWL.COM>             Subject:     Another question on Move
nodedata
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    2004-03-10
                    22:41
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

If I do a move nodedata on for a node from one pool to another is the
copy information from the old pool deleted also or does it remain out
there forever?

Storage pool backups defined as such
Backup stgpool PoolA  to  copypoolA
Backup Stgpool PoolB  to  copypoolB

Move nodedata from PoolA to PoolB.  What happens to the copy data in
copypoolA

Greg Redell
Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Co.
Phone: 314-543-7009