ADSM-L

Re: Copy Pool expiration conundrum

2004-03-10 15:43:38
Subject: Re: Copy Pool expiration conundrum
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:43:03 -0500
> Copy Storage Pool, delete node data     You cannot directly delete a node's
data

>                                         from a copy storage pool; but you
can
>                                         circuitously effect it by using MOVe
>                                         NODEdata to shift the node's data to
>                                         separate tapes in the copy stgpool
>                                         (temporarily changing the stgpool to
>                                         COLlocate=Yes), and then doing
DELete
>                                         Volume on the newly written volumes.

I tried this once, and the 'move nodedata' processes terminated immediately,
reporting successful completion but not moving any data. It turns out that
'move nodedata' for copy storage pools requires mounting the copy storage
pool volumes containing the data to be moved; it will not obtain input
data from primary storage pool volumes as reclamation and 'move data'
processes will.