ADSM-L

Restore (Novell client) with compressed volume

2004-03-08 17:53:12
Subject: Restore (Novell client) with compressed volume
From: Mark Hayden <MHayden AT EPA.STATE.IL DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 16:52:12 -0600
Hi all, we are trying to restore our DAT: volume from one old NetWare
client to a new client....The restore started out fine, and then
detected a system error. " trying to restore compressed data to a non
compressed volume" Restore stopped....We are going to try to turn
compression on to the new volume, but Is there some issues with doing
this? I know in the past, we always told our Novell Admin's to turn
compression off because of this scenario...Thanks

Thanks, Mark Hayden
Informations Systems Analyst
E-Mail:  MHayden AT epa.state.il DOT us