ADSM-L

Re: Automated DRM volume handling LTO 3582 library

2004-03-08 15:11:42
Subject: Re: Automated DRM volume handling LTO 3582 library
From: Jin Bae Chi <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:08:19 -0500
Bill,
One more question here if you don't mind.

I'm using your cmds currently and work fine for me. But always I need
manually check if all tape volumes I requested had come back to my site
before I check them in as scratch ones. If there is any discrepancy on
the list, for instance some of tape didn't come back, I need to adjust
manually, then issued 'checkin libvol' cmd. Any better automation steps
that you could think of? Thanks.

Gus

>>> bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET 3/8/2004 8:39:52 AM >>>
For DRM I would just

First, to get the list of tapes:
query drmedia * wherestate=mountable source=dbbackup

Then to actually "move" them:
move drmedia * wherestate=mountable source=dbbackup remove=no
tostate=vault

TO get a list of tapes that are offsite ready to come backup:
query drmedia * wherestate=vaultretrieve source=dbbackup

Then to "move" them backup:
move drmedia * wherestate=vaultretrieve source=dbbackup
tostate=onsiteretrieve.

When they come backup just put them in as scratch tapes.

Then I schedule an admin command:

def sched checkin t=a cmd='checkin libv 3582 search=yes checkl=b
stat=scr'
active=yes startt=17:00 dur=4

The above drmedia commands can be incorporated into a shell script (or
batch
file) and scheduled via a client schedule.

Bill