ADSM-L

Re: Can't define IBM3583-L72 LTO library to TSM

2004-03-07 16:01:44
Subject: Re: Can't define IBM3583-L72 LTO library to TSM
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 16:01:43 -0500
Nope, sorry. This is Fibre Channel (FC).

CORP Rick Willmore <RWillmore AT RSAC DOT COM>
03/07/2004 02:09 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Can't define IBM3583-L72 LTO library to TSM

I would check and make sure that the scsi connections (smc is scsi right??
I am using adic so im not familiar with the ibm device names) to the
library are secure and correct.  Do you just discover with cfgmgr or do
you have to define them yourself.  Not sure if this will help but I found
the utility "lbtest" to be invaluable because I ran into some similar
problems with my scalar 100 and I believe it was a bad scsi cable.  Lbtest
will tell you if tsm recognizes the changer and drives and I believe it
comes with tsm when you install.  Hope this helps.

Rick.