ADSM-L

Re: Last database backup tape

2004-03-05 06:49:00
Subject: Re: Last database backup tape
From: Geert De Pecker <gedp AT SOFICO DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 12:48:02 +0100
We did a full database backup to disk and could remove the volhist for
the tape afterwards. Problem solved.

Thanks,

Geert

Etienne Brodeur wrote:
This seems to be your last DB backup as far as TSM is concerned so it
won't allow you to delete it.  How are you taking your DB backups to disk?
 It doesn't seems to be recognized as a DB backup by TSM...

Etienne Brodeur

Geert De Pecker <gedp AT SOFICO DOT BE>
03/04/2004 10:21 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Last database backup tape

Hello,

We did quite some changes to our TSM setup, but I'm left with a database
backup tape that I can't succeed in recovering. As we are now taking
backups of the database to disk, we don't need this tape anymore.

I can't find a way to delete the last tape. Is there a good soul that
can help me?

Regards,

Geert

tsm: SERVER1>delete volhistory type=dbr tod=today

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y
ANR2467I DELETE VOLHISTORY: 0 sequential volume history entries were
successfully deleted.

tsm: SERVER1>select volume_name,type,date_time from volhistory where
type='BACKUPFULL'

VOLUME_NAME            TYPE                            DATE_TIME
------------------     ------------------     ------------------
A0000007               BACKUPFULL                     2004-02-18
                                                  09:31:08.000000

tsm: SERVER1>q libv

Library Name     Volume Name     Status         Owner          Last Use
      Home Element
------------     -----------     ----------     ----------     ---------
     ------------
QUALSTAR         A0000002        Private
      0
QUALSTAR         A0000005        Private                       Data
      7
QUALSTAR         A0000007        Private
      2
QUALSTAR         A0000008        Private                       Data
      6
QUALSTAR         A0000009        Private
      10
QUALSTAR         A0000010        Scratch
      8
QUALSTAR         A0000013        Private                       Data
      1
QUALSTAR         A0000017        Private
      5
QUALSTAR         A0000018        Private
      3
QUALSTAR         A0000019        Private
      4