ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB extension - emergency

2004-03-04 08:13:49
Subject: Re: TSM DB extension - emergency
From: tsmadmin account for Excaliber Business Solutions <tsmadmin AT VODACOM.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 15:05:15 +0200
Hi

If you have defined spacetrigger then the system will do this for you
automatically.
If you do not have this then you will have to extend the db manually with the
following command:
 extend db 2000
The above command will extend your database by 2Gb.

The Available Space is the Total Space available for the TSM database and the
Assigned Space is the space
assigned to the TSM database.
If you look at the Maximum Extension value you would see that you have 2964Mb
available.
Add the MAX Extension and the Assigned Capacity you would get the Available
Space.

The MAX Extension is what you could extend your database by.

When you add new raw/logical volume space to the TSM database you would notice
that the Available space will increase
and that the Max Extension space would also increase.

At all times the  Assigned Capacity and the Maximum Extension will always be
equal to the Available Space.

Thks
Sean