ADSM-L

Antwort: Re: 2 LTO-Drives Load-Balancing

2004-03-03 16:05:55
Subject: Antwort: Re: 2 LTO-Drives Load-Balancing
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:03:17 -0600
Just an aside, as the processes are running, type this command into TSM:

> run q_proc_stats

It will show the transfer rate of each process. There is also a 'run
r_ses_stats'.

Miles

>>> Patrick.Rainer AT ARZ.CO DOT AT 03-Mar-04 8:35:47 AM >>>
Hello again

Sorry. Maybe my question can be wrong interpreted.
For example:

I have two migration processes from disk stgpool to tape drive.
My diskdrives offer about 20MB/s.
The question:
Is the transferrate of the diskdrives split up for the tape drives to 50%
for each drive? (10MB/s per drive) (Also means 50% per process)
Or uses one drive the full transferrate which is possible for one drive
(15MB/s) and the other drive only gets the rest (5MB/s)?

My problem -> 5MB/s means permanent Stop-and-Go-mode for one drive.
I would like to hear, that the TSM-server splits up the transferrate. This
means each migration process/job uses 10MB/s.

Thank you.

Best regards

Patrick

Karel Bos <Karel.Bos AT NUON DOT COM>
Gesendet von: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

03.03.2004 15:04
Bitte antworten zu

An
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Kopie

Thema
Re: 2 LTO-Drives Load-Balancing

TSM is not load-balancing on a drive level. TSM will use multiple drives
on
a job level.

Regards,

Karel