ADSM-L

Re: Attaching 2 identical tape libraries - element numbers

2004-03-03 11:21:39
Subject: Re: Attaching 2 identical tape libraries - element numbers
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:05:59 -0500
Hi Tony,

The element number is the "internal address" of the library components
(slots, drives, I/O door, etc.)

The software uses those element numbers when it issues SCSI commands to the
robot.

They are fixed by the manufacturer, and you really have no choice in the
matter.

Two libraries with the same element numbers won't cause you any problems.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
443-778-8769

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Dilbert/Scott Adams