ADSM-L

Create Oracle RMAN catalog help

2004-03-02 20:09:52
Subject: Create Oracle RMAN catalog help
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:09:23 -0500
I have a client that has a vendor installed application that uses Oracle
8.1.7. Right now they are using Veritas to backup the database, but they
want to move to TSM and the Oracle TDP agent. There is no onsite Oracle DBA,
just the jack-of-all-trades administrator. Both of use have no idea on how
to setup RMAN catalog.

Can someone out there give me some step-by-steps on creating the RMAN
environment? Right now they are running with the NOCATALOG option and
everything works except for the ARCHIVELOG backup. When he runs this archive
logs that have been deleted from the filesystem are flagged as not found. He
tried to run the resync, but it fails with NOCATALOG.

Bill Boyer
"Experience is a comb that nature gives us after we go bald." - ??