ADSM-L

Re: Problems with binding mgt class to file

2004-03-02 16:18:34
Subject: Re: Problems with binding mgt class to file
From: Mike Bantz <mbantz AT RSINC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:18:09 -0700
>>Are the files that still show DEFAULT management class active or inactive?

Inactive.

>>I should clarify what I said earlier: the rule about rebinding applies
only if the files still exist on file system. Files with no active versions
are not rebound.

That's it. This is a directory where those MSSQL dumps get dropped into.
Part of the SQL job is that it deletes files older than X days, then writes
the new one. Since the file name was always changing, I was getting hosed on
space - Tivoli was seeing this as a deleted file, then some long retention
periods were coming into effect (a year or so) when all we really needed was
10 days.

The only thing I was wanting to do is to go back and whack the inactive
versions, I guess.

I think this was only the *.* versus a * issue. Now when I get to the cmd
line and type "incr" I get a backup of that directory (all the subfolders,
too) bound to the DBDUMPS mgt class.

Thanks!!!!