ADSM-L

Re: Exchange 2003 Public Folders

2004-02-27 12:57:04
Subject: Re: Exchange 2003 Public Folders
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:56:34 -0800
I believe that due to the intrigration of Exchange with AD you can no longer
(starting at Exchange 2000) recovery information from one Exchange server to
another by changing the dsm.opt file.  With Exchange 2000 you had to bring up
the server on an isolated netowrk.  With Exchange 2003 you have the abililty to
use a restore storage group.

There is a section called "Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Group" in the "Data
Protection for Microsoft Exchange Server Installation and User's Guide".  It
can be found at:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/tividd/td/StorageManagerforMail5.2.1.html.

Also the Microsoft KB has a lot of information on this topic as well.

"Amini, Mehdi" <Mehdi.Amini AT VALUEOPTIONS DOT COM> wrote:
Thanks Del,

But we are getting this error when restoring the public folder

ACN5798E MS Exchange API HRESERESTOREADDDATABASE() failed with HRESULT:
0xc7fe1f42 - Database not found.

Background.

We are trying to restore from EX04 onto EX03 by changing the DSM.OPT file on
EX04\TDP to point to EX03