ADSM-L

upgrade TSM 5.1.6.4 from 32 bit to 64 bit

2004-02-27 08:38:42
Subject: upgrade TSM 5.1.6.4 from 32 bit to 64 bit
From: Kurt Beyers <kurt.beyers AT PANDORA DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:38:17 +0000
Hello,

I've got currently a TSM server 5.1.6.4 running on AIX 5.1 in 32 bit mode (the
OS is 32 bit as well). So the following fileset has been installed:

tivoli.tsm.server.com
tivoli.tsm.server.rte
tivoli.tsm.msg.en_US.server
tivoli.tsm.license.cert
tivoli.tsm.license.rte

The OS will be upgraded to 64bit. How do I perform the upgrade for TSM
afterwards?

Start with a TSM database backup + other important files (dsmserv.dsk,
volhist.out and devconfig.out) prior to the OS upgrade

After the OS upgrade, will TSM still run with the 32 bit software filesets?

Or do I stop TSM, uninstall the filesets tivoli.tsm.server.rte and
tivoli.tsm.license.rte and install the 64 bits version of them, thus
tivoli.tsm.server.aix5.rte64 and tivoli.tsm.license.aix5.rte64.

Is there a TSM database conversion required in the upgrade process?

What is the exact procedure to perform the migration? I'm pretty familiar with
upgrading the TSM server but haven't done a migration from 32bit to 64bit yet.

Thanks in advance for any guidelines,

Kurt Beyers