ADSM-L

Re: Returning a Reclaimed Offsite Copypool Volume to the Library Scratch Pool?

2004-02-26 03:32:57
Subject: Re: Returning a Reclaimed Offsite Copypool Volume to the Library Scratch Pool?
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:32:26 +0100
OTOH, can I do a Checkin with Status=Private, Update the volume to
readwrite
and simply have TSM use it before requesting a new tape from the Scratch
Pool?

Yes and when you update your volume to ReadW it will go to your scratch
pool but it wont necessarily be used before other scratch tapes.

//Henrik

                    Mike Bantz
                    <mbantz@RSINC        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    .COM>                cc:     (bcc: Henrik Wahlstedt)
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Returning a Reclaimed
Offsite Copypool Volume to the Library Scratch Pool?
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    2004-02-26
                    00:22
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Try to update the access of those volumes to onsite retrieve:

move drm TSM023 tostate=onsiteretr (if it's a DRM volume)

Or just update the volume to readwrite instead of offsite.

Then try checking them in as scratch.

HTH,

Mike Bantz