ADSM-L

Re: Windows open file problem

2004-02-25 16:30:09
Subject: Re: Windows open file problem
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:29:43 -0800
To eliminate this error I believe you could add the following to your dsm.opt
file.
include.fs C: fileleveltype=dynamic

Someone at Tivoli wrote a great tech doc that gives a lot of details on open
file support.
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=203&q1=snapshot+cache+location&uid=swg21121552&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en+en

If the link doesn't work then go to www.ibm.com/software/support.  Search for
"TSM Client v5.2 Open File Support".

Peter Daransky <Peter.Daransky AT AMBOS DOT AT> wrote:
Hi,
i'm trying to backup a Windows machine with open file support with TSM
V5.2.2.0 . But i got always this error

ANS1228E Sending of object '\\host\c$' failed
ANS1381E The snapshot cache location cannot be located on the same
volume that is being backup up.

Of course tha cache is on D:\ located ?!
I've seen that the same problem was here in discussion yet. Has someone
solve this problem ?

Regards

Peter Daransky
AMBOS EDV-Beratungs GesmbH