ADSM-L

Re: Unable to move data off a volume in error

2004-02-24 13:46:32
Subject: Re: Unable to move data off a volume in error
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:46:05 -0600
From: Mike Bantz [mailto:mbantz AT RSINC DOT COM]
We have a single volume that's showing tons of write errors, so we're trying
to get rid of it. Problem is, it's showing read errors on reclamation. We're
trying MOVE DATA for the 6th time or so, but I was wondering if there's any
other way to try and get this data off of there?
=========================
You *do* have an up-to-date copy storage pool, don't you? If so, run

     restore volume <bad_volume_name> preview=yes

The activity log will echo back what offsite tapes are needed to restore your
volume. Get the listed tapes from the vault, check them into your tape library,
and run

     restore volume <bad_volume_name>

If you don't have an up-to-date copy storage pool, the best you can do is run

      audit volume <bad_volume_name> fix=yes

and be prepared to lose data.

--
Mark Stapleton