ADSM-L

Re: relink RMAN and TDP

2004-02-24 11:26:25
Subject: Re: relink RMAN and TDP
From: Neil Rasmussen <rasmussn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:25:52 -0800
Nghiatd,

To help me understand just a little better, what do you mean by this
statement, "But I don't see database that was
backuped by Rman?" The only thing that I can think of is that you are
looking for the actual path of the database to reside on the TSM server -
which just isn't so. Rman uses backuppiece names to backup its data which
basically means that DP for Oracle only recieves a logical name related to
the data. For this, DP for Oracle has to virtualize the filespace name and
highlevel name on the TSM Server. By default the backuppieces are stored
under the name \adsmorc\orcnt\<backuppiece> where backuppiece is the name
that Oracle associates with the backed up data.

Given your options file information your Oracle data is going to reside
under \adsmorc\orcnt\*. Rather than "query occupancy" try "query files
<nodename>" where <nodename> is the name of your DP Oracle node and verify
that you can see \adsmorc. Once you have verified this you should then be
able to extrapolate the information you are looking for to verify that
your backup is happening and do further queries to satisfy your curiosity.
Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neil Rasmussen
Software Development
Data Protection for Oracle
rasmussn AT us.ibm DOT com

nghiatd <nghiatd2 AT FPT.COM DOT VN>
02/23/2004 05:58 PM
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: relink RMAN and TDP

Hi Neil Rasmussen,

Thank  for your mail.
I edited  option files in directory "C:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\AgentOBA"
where TDP was installed.The content of option file is following:
dsm.opt :
     commmethod      tcpip
     tcpport          1500
    TCPServeraddress 192.168.131.187
    passwordaccess generate
    nodename nghiatddb
tdpo.opt :
   DSMI_ORC_CONFIG    c:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\agentoba\dsm.opt
   DSMI_LOG           c:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\agentoba
Then I change to "C:\Program Files\tivoli\tsm\AgentOBA" directory and run
"tdpoconf  password" and "tdpocof showenvironment" command.
Rman backuped successfully and I restored database successfully by Rman
too.
I can see files that were backuped from another machine when I used "query
occupancy * " command in TSM server.But I don't see database that was
backuped by Rman.
I don't know what is the problem.
Could you help me to solve it,please ?.
I'm looking forward to receiving your mail.

Thank you in advanced !
Nghiatd,

P/S : I use : TSM ver 5.1.5
                  TSM API  ver 5.1.5