ADSM-L

TSM Service causing blue screens on Win2k SP3 and latest hotfixes

2004-02-23 09:47:56
Subject: TSM Service causing blue screens on Win2k SP3 and latest hotfixes
From: "Barth, Terry (MBS)" <Terry.Barth AT MORTGAGEFAMILY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:47:25 -0500
Hello All -

I was informed that on a few of our Win2K SP3 servers, the TSM service is
failing every morning:

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID:       7031
Date:           2/23/2004
Time:           7:46:21 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       IPSQL01
The TSM IPSQL01 Central Scheduler Service service terminated unexpectedly.
It has done this 4 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken
in 0 milliseconds: No action.

I was informed that these servers were patched with the latest security
hotfixes on 2/19/04 and rebooted.  There is nothing in the TSM logs showing
an issue.

Has anyone experienced this issue <we are running client V 5.2.2.> ??

Thanks

-- Terry