ADSM-L

Re: TSM Operational Reporting Information - part 2 of 2 - Platform, Version Support

2004-02-21 18:36:40
Subject: Re: TSM Operational Reporting Information - part 2 of 2 - Platform, Version Support
From: E Mike Collins <emcollin AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:36:20 -0700
Hi, ref:

> Date:    Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:38:52 -0500
> From:    "Kamp, Bruce" <bkamp AT MHS DOT NET>
> I can't comment on the Windows 2003 server but I am running TOR on my
WinXP
> workstation.  My TSM server is 5.2.0.0 on AIX 5.1 & it works great.
>
> From:    Bill Fitzgerald <wfitzger AT MHC DOT NET>
> Please clarify something for me. I am running TSM 5.2.13 on an AIX 5.1
> system TOR would be running on a Win2003 server. Is the GA version of
> TSM Operational Reporting compatible with this set up?

TSMOR runs on any version of windows 2000/XP/2003.

The beta version of TSMOR supported all TSM servers regardless of
version or platform but only ran in English. Official support for the
GA version is limited to 5.1.8+ for 5.1 and 5.2.2+ for 5.2. The main
reason for this is because fixes were made to the TSM database for
non-English at these levels and support is across the board for all
languages. TSMOR should run fine against earlier server versions which
are runnning in English but it's not supported. We didn't put in a
hard restriction on the supported versions to help customers migrating
from the beta and so that more people could potentially benefit during
the time it takes to upgrade to the supported server versions.

If you will be reporting on a TSM MVS server be sure to see the TSMOR
5.2.2 readme (tsmrept_readme.txt) and search for "MVS Considerations"

Also, to clarify, the standalone version of TSMOR cannot be installed
on a machine that includes a windows tsm server or storage agent
because starting at 5.2.2 it's already integrated into the management
console that ships with them.

Regards,

Mike Collins
Tivoli Storage Product Architecture